PSI Engineering manufactures and integrates automated pack and sortation systems for high volume warehouse and distribution centers who serve the business to consumer (B2C) market, drastically improving throughput and accuracy while reducing labor costs.
We are seeking talented Automation Technicians to lead in the installation of order fulfillment equipment focus on our small to medium complex material handling projects. Typical projects contain or consist of complex PLC controls software, integrations with WMS software, high speed carton and package conveyance and sort subsystems, etc.
We are not seeking maintenance personnel. We need candidates who have experience with software programming, systems integration and troubleshooting Material Handling systems, conveyors and Automation / Robotics equipment.
In this role you will:
- Assist or take the lead in the Installation of order fulfillment equipment i.e. conveyor systems, strappers, carton sealers, printers, label applicators, check weighers, product verification systems at clients’ sites.
- Train customer operators, engineering and maintenance staff on operation and maintenance of installed equipment.
- Document and report all installation, maintenance, service and support related work completed as per company policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development and execution of equipment, subsystem, and system commissioning and integration test plans.
- Assist in the development, definition, and execution of acceptance test plans inclusive of physical, functional, rate, and availability testing.
- Identify and develop the proper team skills required for the successful implementation of the various products and subsystems employed in complex systems inclusive of mechanical, controls, software, installation.
- Ensures all technical disciplines are working together toward common goals and on compatible schedules.
- Working with internal and external customers, Assists in the creation of the functional specification document and system arrangement (equipment) within proposed budget and on schedule.
- Serves as focal point for all customer technical discussions in the sales and solutioning process. Is an advocate for customer’s technical concerns.
- Basic understanding of material handling systems, basic controls and machine functionality
- Understanding and knowledge of various controls architectures, related controls levels, and the functionality of controls domains, inclusive of WMS and WCS integration.
- Have understanding and knowledge of Minor assembly/troubleshooting of simple devices / actuators
- Understanding of pneumatics, air operated components, sensors etc.
- Be able to verify the quality of electrical installation on site
- Experience and knowledge Linux (Ubuntu) operating systems.
- Be able to read and interpret electrical drawings & layouts
- Be able to read and interpret conveyor installation manuals
- Must be able to travel within Canada, USA and Europe. Over 50% of travel is required.
College Diploma in a related field
PSI Engineering will provide the successful candidate with an above average compensation package and career opportunities. PSI is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed.
PSI is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. We will contact qualified candidates for an interview.