PSI Engineering manufactures and integrates automated pack and sortation systems for high volume warehouse and distribution centers who serve the business to consumer (B2C) market, drastically improving throughput and accuracy while reducing labor costs.
We are seeking an experienced Shipping and Receiving Coordinator to be a subject matter expert on shipping, receiving and recording movements of parts, supplies, materials and equipment. Ideal candidate should have prior experience in packing & shipping large equipment.
In this role you will:
- Support of receiving activities with incoming materials by operation of forklift to unload trucks, signing for goods, verifying packing slip against physical goods, entering information in SAP, put goods away and contact for pickup
- Pack, load and arrange cost-effective carriers for shipments.
- Assist in coordinating and shipping and various types of equipment
- Arrange and monitor timely delivery of domestic and international shipments.
- Provide support of filling demand by picking materials from warehouse locations, packaging, entering the good issue information into SAP and distributing as required
- Process spare parts & consumable orders received from Service Department
- Monitor the back orders to ensure the parts are being expedited to meet the customer’s requirements.
- Complete regular inventory cycle counts as directed by the Supply Chain & Logistics Team Leader
- Support Continuous Improvement initiatives, as directed, across all aspects of warehousing, including proposing procedural recommendations to the ongoing development of warehouse management activities.
- Communicate with our purchasing/sales department to get issues resolved quickly.
- Directly support projects from the logistics perspective, work closely with project managers to ensure on timely project finalization and equipment delivery
- Prepare all shipping/receiving documents and distribute.
- Ensure the area is clean and well organized.
- Maintain shipping/receiving department records.
- Prioritize shipping/receiving activities.
- Follow all safety rules and practices in accordance with Occupational Health & Safety Act and regulations.
- Must be legally eligible to work, and reside in Canada
- 3+ years of experience in shipping, receiving & distributing parts/equipment within manufacturing industry
- Extensive experience in shipping equipment from/to the warehouse and directly to the customer.
- Technical post-secondary program completion (preferred)
- Heavy industry warehouse experience ideal
- Must be able to operate forklift
- Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs
- SAP knowledge, Microsoft Office programs and vendor web-based applications
- Strong interpersonal, organization, and communication skills are required.
- Ability to demonstrate confidence, flexibility, self-initiative, leadership, and ability to be a team-player.
- Able to handle multiple demands and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Bar-code scanner experience considered an asset
PSI Engineering will provide the successful candidate with an above average compensation package and career opportunities. PSI is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed.
PSI is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. We will contact qualified candidates for an interview.