PSI Engineering manufactures and integrates automated pack and sortation systems for high volume warehouse and distribution centers who serve the business to consumer (B2C) market, drastically improving throughput and accuracy while reducing labor costs.
The Project Manager is an integral member of the project management office (PMO) team, responsible for project execution success. As a Project Manager, you will provide leadership in the successful delivery of projects that are executed under the PMO governance, ensuring strong project communication, integration, meeting project scope, cost, schedule, and quality objectives throughout the project life cycle.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Initiates and integrates projects across all functional groups including Customer’s Team and external suppliers.
- Identifies key project stakeholders and manages project stakeholder’s expectations within the project business case constraints.
- Establishes communication channels and distributes key project information to provide a communication bridge between the project team and the Customer.
- Works cooperatively with design engineers, controls engineers, management, purchasing, manufacturing, etc.
- Collects project requirements, develops scope definition, and establishes high-level project goals and objectives for the project Team in alignment with project contract documents and the Customer.
- Develops project cost and schedule baseline ensuring commitments from functional groups.
- Tracks and manages project critical path activities and deliverables.
- Provides project leadership and manages project execution.
- Ensure project quality objectives are met by developing quality plans and performing quality checks (e.g. specification approvals, Factory & Site acceptance equipment tests).
- Reports project progress to the Senior Management.
- Monitors project risk and recommends mitigation strategies. Undertakes initiatives to exploit opportunities to increase project value to the company and the Customer.
- Monitors and manages project changes and where appropriate issues Change Notices for Customer Approval.
- Approves project invoicing according to the milestone payment schedule and work completed.
- Monitors project cash flow and spending.
- Initiates, manages, or delegates management of subcontracts and subcontracted deliverables.
- Collaborates with Functional Managers to meet project resource requirements while ensuring optimum resource allocation across multiple PMO projects is achieved.
- Performs project close-out according to the contractual acceptance criteria.
- Excellent and experienced communicator at all levels of the organization
- Well organized with a positive approach to Company’s standards and departmental policies
- Excellent documentation maintenance skills
- Relentless drive for continuous improvement and cost savings
- Hand-on approach to problem-solving with finding the root cause and “dig deep” analysis attitude.
- Practices rigorous objectivity & cultivates balanced optimism.
- Knowledge seeker and unbiased facts source with coaching skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel
- Good, working knowledge of MS Project
- A good, working knowledge of CAD software is an asset.
- Good grasp of ERP and Purchasing systems
- Technical College or University Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering a must
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working as a Project Manager in a custom automation, machine building industry
- Project Management Professional Certificate (PMP) is an asset.
- Training in Quality is a strong asset.
- P.Eng. is an asset.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work alone or as a Team.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented
PSI Engineering will provide the successful candidate with an above average compensation package and career opportunities.
PSI is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. We will contact qualified candidates for an interview.