PSI manufactures and integrates automated pack and sortation systems for high volume warehouse and distribution centers who serve the business to consumer (B2C) market, drastically improving throughput and accuracy while reducing labor costs.
PSI is currently looking for an experienced Controls Engineer to join our Integration Solutions team in Mississauga. In this role, you will design and program pack lines from start to completion, including supervising the installation at the customer’s facility.
- Design the functional process, select the components and implement PLC-based automation solutions that meet the customer’s standards and specifications
- Develop controls schematics, PLC, HMI and drive system programing, including ancillary hardware such as barcode scanners, scales, etc.
- Ensure that job is completed on time and functioning safely and within quoted cycle time
- Update project management and supervisors for progress against scope, schedule and budget
- Produce documentation for equipment operation, maintenance, vendor equipment, and training
- 5+ years’ experience in designing, component selection and commissioning of automated systems. (Production, packaging, assembly) including electrical design, PLC, HMI, drive and motion controls
- Knowledge of electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and network design as well as safety requirements related to automated lines.
- Degree in Electrical or Electro-mechanical Engineering
- Customer oriented, team player with good interpersonal skills
- No restrictions to travel domestically and internationally for extended periods
Submit your Cover Letter and Resume below or to firstname.lastname@example.org