PSI Engineering manufactures and integrates automated pack and sortation systems for high volume warehouse and distribution centers who serve the business to consumer (B2C) market, drastically improving throughput and accuracy while reducing labor costs.
In this role you will be responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and helping set up control systems. An effective accountant has good knowledge of accounting principles. The goal is to contribute to keep the accounting and financial processes of the company up to standard and ensure accurate financial reporting.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Customer invoicing, coding and collection.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, including proper support and investigation of discrepancies.
- Prepare financial statements, accurately and timely.
- Sort, code and match invoices including electronic 3-way match in SAP (invoice, receipt, and PO).
- Track expenses, review and process expense reports.
- Assist in the preparation of financial budgets, cash flows, short-term and long-term forecasts.
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments.
- Store, update, retrieve and analyze financial data including balance sheet analysis.
- P&L variance analysis (vs prior periods & budget).
- Bank Reconciliations.
- Payroll & benefits administration.
- Reconcile, manage and report on the status of accounts payable and receivable.
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Maintain vendor files externally and under the CRM module of ERP system.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Prepare journal entries for month end close.
- Preparation, validation and auditing project cost reporting.
- Preparation of monthly reports, year-end working papers incl. sub-ledger and general ledger reconciliations.
- Manage all accounting operations.
- Maintenance of accounts receivable customer files externally and ERP system.
- Reconcile Third Party Provider billing.
- Management and reconcile (cycle and annual) inventory counts and investigate discrepancies.
- Prepare profit analysis and ad hoc reports &/or reconciliations as required.
- Assist in the development of SOP’s to improve flow and processing of transactional data.
- Assist sales team with customer onboarding administration.
- Preparation of HST/VAT returns with government authorities.
- Identify efficiencies and opportunities for cost reductions across the business.
- Keep records of invoices and tax payments.
- Liaison with external auditors.
- Research, implement and manage system and/or process improvements relating to financial administration.
Qualifications & Experience:
- University or College Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field.
- CPA designation or enrolment considered an asset
- Proven experience as accountant or other similar position.
- Strong knowledge of accounts payable, receivables and reconciliations of customer and internal accounts.
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with individuals at customers and at all levels of the organization.
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (MS Excel in particular) and accounting software (e.g. SAP).
- Good knowledge of bookkeeping procedures and debt collection regulations.
- High level of logical reasoning to identify underlying facts to resolve receivables issues.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- High level of personal integrity and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter and strong work ethic.
- Confident, consistent, decisive personality.
PSI Engineering will provide the successful candidate with an above average compensation package and career opportunities.
PSI is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. We will contact qualified candidates for an interview.